Knitting tales and other such fun...

A blog where I talk about my life, which includes knitting, trying to find a new job, my sweetie and my cats.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Coinkydinks.

So yesterday was one of those days where I had to figure out what was going on. Was it fate or a coinkydink (coincidence for those who think I'm insane...I just like the way coinkydink sounds)? Anyhow, apparently, on my way to work yesterday, I picked up a construction screw. The tire held air til I got to work, where I realized, after I had pulled out of the parking space and was in the driveway that my tire was totally flat. I had no clue what I was going to do. My spare is DOA and the can of fix-a-flat I had somehow had lost it's cap, so I couldn't use it to fill up the tire. Well, I'm standing there, calling everyone. Apparently, no one on campus puts air in tires.....I got transferred to about 4 different offices before I gave up. About that time, a really nice lady came along and offered to give me a rid to Wally World to pick up said can and bring me back. Along the way, I found out that she is from Cuba, but, strangely enough, she came here through Operation Pedro Pan, the same operation that brought my father and uncle here. Operation Pedro Pan only brought over 40,000 kids, so for me to meet one who was not a relative is pretty hard to imagine. Even more strange is that she's here in San Antonio. Last census, there were only 1,300 Cubans in San Antonio. So, if I hadn't had the flat, I never would have met her. We're planning on going out to lunch one of these days, but I'm just amazed at the way the world works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home